BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I'm dizzy from all the whirling

My beautiful new little granddaughter has arrived, and her Mother is finally not sick for the first time in 40 weeks. Roxi and Jason went to CDH Sunday night, and by 1:05 pm Monday, Evangeline Imani Engstrom arrived.
For more pictures and details see Roxi's blog!

She is a beautiful, tiny, perfect little angel for Christmas.
They came home from the hospital this afternoon in a icy, sleet storm, but arrived safely. Anni and I had made a welcome home sign for their arrival.

While Mama and Papa were having baby girl #2, Auntie Katy and I were on Anni duty which was great fun and exhausting. She loved the movie "Enchanted" about a cartoon princess that becomes real. She loved it so much that it was watched at least four times. She even talked Uncle Rob into watching it with her. "Shrek the Halls" was watched twice. Anni and Dipity have become "best friends". Dip sits patiently next to Anni at every meal time to be secretly fed whatever Anni doesn't want to eat. Anni also loves sleeping on her "like a pillow."
I gave Anni a child's digital camera as a big sister present, and she loved taking pics of her new sister immediately. In fact, we have already gone through two sets of batteries.
Everything with the homecoming was going great today, until I got a text from Rob who had taken my Mom to her doctor appointment for me. The surgery she had on her elbow has not taken properly. The doctor doesn't know why it didn't work, but now she has to go through the entire thing again next Monday or Tuesday! She was obviously disappointed, so Rob thought he'd bring her by to see the baby before going back to her nursing home. The only problem was that as soon as she tried to get out of the car on the ice, she started going down. We had no idea they were in the driveway, and Rob had a terrible time keeping her on her feet, until he could get her back in the car. Thank God he is so strong, and kept her up! We will have her and Daddy come Christmas Day, if the weather allows. This global warming is sure easy to live with isn't it, Gore?? (Don't get me started) At least we better get the surgery done, before this un-healthcare bill passes, and they will just let my Mom die or something!
As wonderful as it is that we are all together this holiday season, I am whirling from person who needs me to the next. It is nice to be needed, but sometimes you just have to have a few minutes to bathe, if you know what I mean. But no matter how crazy it gets, I want to cherish every minute, because next year the Engstroms will be in Zanzibar again, and who knows where Rob or Katy will be. Hopefully here, but who knows. And I am very grateful that my parents are even still alive to see their new great-granddaughter. This year has been a challenging one for our family, but we are all together for now. I turned 60, Roxi turned 30, and Katy will soon be 21! Big, life changes for us all.

I thank God for all my blessings, and pray for some Christmas peace and healing for my family. Thank you Lord for our healthy Evy, and that mama is starting to feel her normal self again. Could I just whirl a little slower for the next few days, please Lord!

0 comments: