BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 14, 2010

A SAD UPDATE

This morning I heard Dip barking, and when I looked outside, Bill, our friend who had bought Ditka was at the door. He was coming back to return little Ditka. He and all his neighbors loved the puppy, but Ditka was just too much for this 66 year old man to take care of by himself. He had purchased all kind of food, treats and toys for Ditka, so I know he was really happy to have a puppy, but after almost a week of a little puppy needing undivided attention, he had grown tired and fearful that he couldn't do what was best for the puppy. He said he didn't want to yell or punish him, or keep him in a crate most of the day. I am very sad for both Bill and Ditka. Men just find it more difficult to be caregivers. For women, a puppy is no big thing, after raising a child! What they don't realize is that they need a strong voice, and a little swat on the butt to grow up and be a well behaved good dog. Poor Ditka had to go into the kennels at work, since he can climb out of the pen, so I'm sure he doesn't understand why he's back in the group of unwanted.
Steve has decided that since he wants to keep the puppies two to a run, I should bring Sally home. We both think she is sweet, and definitely has Dip's personality, so for now at least, we are keeping two girls. We have lowered the price on them, hoping to sell them sooner rather than later. The other sad thing is that many of Steve's GSHP clients that have seen the pups all think they are exceptional, but have just gotten a new pup (reason they are in to see Steve) or they breed themselves. Please, Lord, help these darling bundles of love and sharp little teeth find a good home soon. For now, I am just sad....................

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God! Help me find a home for Lucy, and I will take Ditka! I have spent the weekend alone, cleaning up a putrid smell from her, that I know Eric won't care about! Life Sucks sometimes, although,your are the first blog, or anything I have had the time to go to as My computer broke again!!!!!! Love, Karen