BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 23, 2009

Rain, rain go away!!!!

We are still at the lake house, and it is still cold and rainy! We have had no summer, and now no fall! Global Warming my arse! Although I am enjoying my time with Anni, it is certainly dampened by the lack of sunshine and constant rain!
Today one of Roxi's friends and her son came to visit. It was great hearing the shrills of glee coming from the monkey room as the two of them played with every toy they could drag out. The darling room has been too silent for too long. After lunch, naps were requested. Roxi was taking some needed rest, when I found Anni playing in the livingroom by herself. She had snuck down two flights of stairs. I put her in bed with me, and as hard as she fought it, she was soon sound asleep besides me. What a sleeping beauty she was! After her royal rest, we all headed to town to shop and go to the park. Even with a huge beach towel, we couldn't wipe down the slides enough for the kids to go down. Soaked and defeated, we headed for Pot Bellies for dinner. While the Moms chatted and tried to eat, the two kids ran amok. We thought they were darling, but I'm not sure the teenagers there were as amused as we were. After a trip to Target, we headed home.
Once again, I heard those wonderful words, "Me want Bibi to give me, me bath." Last summer she was so worried about her sick Mama, she only wanted "Papa", or sometimes, "Auntie Katy."But for right now, I am the chosen one, and I love it! She loves swimming in the big tub with Noah's Ark and all his animals. Because it is cold here, I have to dry her hair with a blow dryer. (Something she never uses in Zanzibar.) Well, the first time I dried her hair, I blew the hot air on her belly button, and down her PJ's and up her pant legs. She loves this, and it has now become our own little ritual. The second I start the dryer, she pulls her top up to show me her belly buttom, then the pants, etc. I am so thrilled that we have our own secret little game. Then she giggles as she jumps and falls down on my king-size bed while I sing,"Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed." Is there a better sound on earth than the laughter of a grandchild? I think not.
I am so blessed to have this bonding time with her before she leaves for Cedar Rapids, and eventually Africa again. These memories will have to warm my heart when the silence returns to the monkey room again. A child's playroom without a child....the silence is as gloomy as the constant rain. But whatever the weather outside, I have my own little Miss Sunshine for awhile.
Sunday, Auntie Katy is coming to take her to the pumpkin farm. Something Anni has been waiting for all week. A little help with the weather would be greatly appreciated.

0 comments: