BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 12, 2009

Exhausted, but too excited to sleep

This morning Roxi texted me while she and Anni were flying to Dar, their first leg home. Last week I got the new carpeting in, and the bedrooms cleaned out. This weekend was Homecoming at U of I, so we took off Friday in the rain to see Katy dance, but at the last minute it was cancelled because of the weather. Saturday the sun finally came out, but it did not improve our team's ability. Another disappointing game, but I did get to spend the third quarter with my old roommate, Steffie. We had been grade school age friends. We tried to catch up on a yearful of updates. After the game, some tailgating and dinner at Dos, Katy and I hit the hot tub for some Mom and daughter bonding time. She is "not dating" a new boy. I hope he is worthy of my great gal. Sunday we rushed home because we had theatre tickets to see "Hairspray". Steve and I had a nice dinner, the quite before the storm of this week.
Today I bought enough food to feed a small army, but I wanted to have anything Roxi, Jason, or Anni might want after their long flight home, and a year and a half without their favorite foods. They are probably boarding their flight to London as I write this. I am so upset that this cold weather and rain will dampen their homecoming. I want everything to be perfect. I even got two big balloons to take to the airport so they can find me as they come down the escalator at the airport. Wed. at 2:10 pm I will be there with bells on (and coats, socks, and blankets) to bring my family home!!!
I am hoping to take Anni to her first real movie theatre experience on Thursday. She wants to see "Toy Story 1 & 2 in 3D! I just learned tonight that next summer "Toy Story 3" will be out next summer, but she will be gone again by then. But like Scarlet O'Hara, "I'll worry about that tomorrow."
I really do have to try to get some sleep, so I will be able to keep up with them all. Steve and I are going from empty-nesters with a spoiled dog, to a house full again. Roxi and family, Robbie and his dog, Data, are all coming in TWO DAYS! I hope I can enjoy it all......just breathe and take it all in......

0 comments: