BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Two weeks and counting!

Yes, in just two weeks my wandering daughter and her family return home, if not for good, at least for now. And I have to be happy with the present, and the future of seeing my new little grand daughter born here in the US. There are so many things we want to cram into this time, but I have to share them with all the other people who love and support them too.
So while I am planning for their homecoming, I am also busy with Katy, Rob, and my folks. Friday we went to watch the Buffalo Grove high school game where the Marching Illini performed in the rain. Then Saturday, we went to watch them again at Navy Pier. Rob and Annie, and Ashley, Katy's close friend, all went to see them with us. Then after a nice lunch with Annie's family, we headed home for Katy to get some warmth and sleep. Later that night Ashley and Katy and I had a girl's movie night watching "To Foo Wong Foo". Sunday we celebrated our church's 50th Anniversary. Then we madly cleaned out bags of stuff from our past, to make room for the future. Dinner with Mom and Dad, Rob, and Katy to celebrate the selling of their house. Whew! What a crazy weekend, but it went on ....
Monday I dropped Katy off in Aurora for her four hour driving course, then drove to the doctor's office to make an appointment for Roxi. Called Roxi. Went to work, then picked up Katy to drive her to U of I in time for her Illinette practice, and then home again for me. Exhausted, yes.
This morning I went with Daddy to get his driver's license renewed. I must warn all people to beware of senior citizen drivers. My Dad could not read 3 of the numbers on the vision test, and the instructor told him more than once to make a complete stop. Yet he was given his license again, which will make my life easier, but I wonder how many others are driving out there who can't see well?
We then went to our money manager to open an annuity with some of his house money. We had a nice lunch together when we were all finished. It was very special to have time with him alone, and when he hadn't been drinking yet. Then back to work for me.
Rob is coming home tomorrow to see the chiropractor, and help me get the house ready for the homecoming. I'm not sure when he is moving back yet.
So now as I wait to put the laundry in the dryer, I sitting here wondering how much more can I cram into my days. Looking back on the last weekend, and looking forward to another weekend at U of I with a Chief event, a game, an AKL Gamma tailgate and then dinner, I wonder why I am so confused about how my life seems to be constantly whirling by faster than I can take it all in. I have next week to continue to clean, get new carpeting, buy favorite foods, and then go to U of I's Homecoming weekend. And then, my count down will be 2 days, not 2 weeks. I can't even imagine how much Roxi and Jason are cramming into their two weeks preparing to come home. When she emailed this morning she was planning Anni's neighborhood birthday party now that Ramadan is over.
It is funny how we view time isn't it? Yesterday on the phone Anni said,"Bibi, me coming to Chicago in two weeks!" Then Roxi added that every day she wants to know if that is the day they are leaving. As a child, time seems to move as slow as snails. Waiting for Christmas, or to grow up, as an example. I remember teaching "Romeo and Juliet" and discussing how fast time moves when you are in love, even though it seems slow waiting to see the person you love again. But the older you get, you really understand the preciousness of time when it seems to fleet by. We can only hope we can cram as much as we can into everyday God gives us with the ones we love. So I am off to put that laundry in, and to bed, so I can get more preparations done tomorrow waiting for my family to come home again!

0 comments: