BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Whirling


Too much has happened over the weekend to sort it all out. First, another sad anniversay of 9/11, and all I can say is that I totally agree with Glen Beck. Why haven't those tower been rebuilt yet??? And now it won't even be called the Freedom Tower??? Sadly, America is losing its core by constant attacks of "politically correctness." I watched a wonderful moving show on Fox News about the events as they happened to survivors of that awful day. Obama now wants to turn it into a day of service to the State. What happened that day, was not about service. It was about Islamic terrorists attacking us in our own country, by using our own people in our planes as weapons. But now, we aren't allowed to even call it the War on Terror because we might offend the very people who carried the worst terrorist attack ever.......don't even get me started.......!!!!!
On Saturday, we headed to U of I for our second Illini game, this time agains ISU! Although there is almost nothing as much fun as a BIG TEN college campus on game day, I also wished that I could "twitch" my nose like in "Bewitched", and could have transported myself to the 9/12 Project March on Washington, D.C. Hundreds of thousands of brave, normal citzens protested all over the country about the excessive spending of our tax dollars that our new "hope and change" big government is burdening us with for decades to come. It was one of those days where physically I was helping Steve and John set up the tailgate for AKL, while my heart was with those protestors so many miles away. But once I followed Katy and the band march down Fourth Street into the staduim, my blue and orange blood got my heart back into the Illini game experience. This time the Illini won large, even though Juice, our quarterback got hurt on the first play. They won despite making many silly errors, which does not bode well for what could be a long, bad season. But, for this game, we felt like I'm sure Mizzou felt playing against us last week. This time Katy was exhausted from dancing after all the scoring!
After the game, we tore down the tent at AKL, stopped by with Dip to Katy's party, then closed Murphy's on Green. John, Dan, and Steve drank, while I drove the old AKL brothers home at 2 am. Dan is working vehemently to get our beloved "Chief" back now that we have new trustees. He is working on a scholarship for a real Indian student to portray the Chief. He has letters from all the majors tribal leaders, saying that they have no problem with our Chief. We have our own regalia now too. Since two of the last three Chiefs were AKL's, Dan and John are really trying to get the Chief restated as the symbol of the University. Katy said that she almost started crying doing the 3 in 1 at halftime of the game, because she could hear and see everyone in the stadium clapping and doing the Chief raised arms. She said it is the loudest time during the entire game. I really hope she gets to do it with the "Chief" before she graduates. I know I diress,but it is something politcal correctness took away from us, and it is an Illini thing you might not understand if you are not an Illini.
After crawling out of bed, we picked up Katy, ate, shopped, and started the treck home. We picked up dinner and took it to my folks(Steve's idea :)), so we could watch the first half of the opening game for the Bears! It was a close game, but was lost in the last two minutes on an interception. What a whirling rollercoaster of games and emotions all weekend.
And as I write this, Roxi and Jason and Anni are probably heading off to the mainland for another ultrasound on the new baby. I sure wish that nose thing would work, so I could be there too. The results of this test will help them decide where would be the best place to deliver my new granddaughter. Please pray for them all.
This is just the bare bones of what was whirling through my head this weekend. The ACORN story that broke was also a huge topic of conversation that whirled through different situations. But sometimes, we have to just live, have a drink with old friends, cheer on our team, say our silent prayers, and get some sleep.............

0 comments: