BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 19, 2010

Last Days

Well they have arrived safely back in Africa, and for that I am grateful. As I try to deal with the loss of not seeing them for maybe two years, I have to hold on to the wonderful memories I have of the last few months with them living here with us. Actually, I was able to enjoy them more in a few months, than maybe years of them living here in the states. Many times you only see your loved ones on holidays, because you take the time for granted, but when everyday counts, you spend much more time really getting to know your grandchildren. Thus I wanted to share some of the great pictures that I took of our time together. Here is Anni in some of her borrowed dress-up outfits that use to belong to Auntie Katy. This pink one even got packed at the last minute at the airport after final weighing of luggage. Anni wearing my glasses. Whenever she wanted me to read to her, I had to find my glasses, so I guess she thought she'd see why I needed them so...
Poor little Evy crying her eyes out, but we were just laughing because there was nothing wrong with her. It also reminds me of a picture I have of her Mama doing the same thing. I'm a drama teacher, and the drama and emotional tirades must be genetic, because it sure runs in our family!

Here, Anni is introducing Evy to Bibi's Monkey Room at the lake house. Her first ride on the pony. We designed this room for all future grandchildren, but Anni considers it hers! We marked her height on the chart, and she had grown over an inch while here this visit. Poor Evy didn't even make the bottom of the chart, but at least we have this picture to show her that she was here too.
This with Dipity's stand-in, and the girls in Bibi's bed at the lake house again.
Auntie Katy and Anni dancing to"There's no mountain high enough..." Notice yet another Princess dress!
Saying goodbye to Great Bibi and Babu! We had an early Easter like dinner with the whole family the last weekend.
Evy looks so small in my Dad's arms. She won over his heart at first glance.

Uncle Rob with his big sis and the girls!
Anni showing one of Bibi's new purchases for her to Babu. This little dress came with a scarf that looks very much like what they wear in her African home. How could I pass it up for my little sweetie!
At least I have these and many more memories to warm my heart while they are gone. I was able to bond with Anni more than ever before. She took many copies of movies we watched and shared back with her, and I can hope she'll remember watching them with her Bibi.










1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! I am so sad from last nights defeat, and like you, so worried about our freedoms being taken away. Your beautiful pictures though give me happiness. I am so glad you had that precious time with your family! Love, Karen