BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Some lasting memories

Well today is the day! In a few hours we take them to the airport, and have to say our goodbyes for now. We have been doing so much the last few days, that I don't have time to list them all now, but a few things I want to remember are:
Took Anni swimming yesterday, and when I accidentally hit her with the little ball we were playing catch with, and she started to tear up, I immediately told her how sorry I was I hurt her, and she said, "That's okay, Bibi, I forgive you." How sweet! She also told me it was okay to enjoy the bubbles of the hot tub while they made her sit on the side with a warm towel around her. Every hour tehy make the kids get out of the pool, and she wanted to hot tub.
When hearing her friend had just been to Disney World, she wanted to go too, and Roxi told her she didn't have the money, maybe when they come back. Anni said "How about Papa?" but Roxi said he didn't have enough either, then Anni sat silently for a minute and then came up with, "Bibi has a lot of money!" Maybe because I indulge her every whim, but I'm broke now, but will save for her and Evy's return so we can go to Disney World!
She was also concerned that Africa has no McDonald's Playplaces, or Targets to buy her Princess regalia. These her Mama and she will both miss.
We had many fun times at the lake house this past week, and I will post more later.
She danced with Auntie Katy this weekend, and found a new princess outfit that had belonged to Katy.
We all had dinner together Saturday, so Rob and Katy and my folks could say goodbye. Poor Katy had to drive back to Champaign crying most of the way and then had to take a test the next morning. Saying goodbye is not easy for any of us.
Yesterday we made one last stop at Great Bibi and Babu house to say a final goodbye, and I caught this great moment on video of my Dad reading a book to Anni. He didn't realize it was a song, thus it even makes it more precious. Also, note Anni picking her nose in the beginning. This will go down in the record books for "special times."

Say a prayer for us all. That they and all they great "stuff" gets there safely, and that we can endure their absence for this time.



0 comments: