BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Silence is Deafening

We have safely delivered our precious cargo to British Airlines, and have returned to an empty house, except for Dipity who had found Anni's little white Easter bunny by the front door. You see, after stuffing 10 crates and suitcases, plus carry-ons, the bunny had to stay. Dip was at the door with the bunny in her mouth as if to say, "she left this....can I have it?" As I walk through the house, I see the little things that have become commonplace, like tiny hair bands, fruit snacks, kid's books, etc. I can still hear Anni's sweet voice saying, "Bibi". How I will miss that sound......
Thanks to some old Lexapro that I still had, and started taking a week ago after crying all the way home from Lincolnshire after seeing "Fiddler of the Roof", I managed to drive to the airport and back with limited tears. Last Sunday was the day they had done their presentation at their church in the city. I saw the excitement and love of what they were doing in their eyes, and was so proud of my daughter and her family. I also knew, that there was nothing I could ever do or say to discourage them from their mission. They are doing God's work, and I'm only a Bibi . It was an emotional day, and after hearing Tevya tell his daughter,"God go with you." I lost it. Thus, I dug out the old drugs to get me through this week. I just wish they would help me get through the next two years!
I want to share some of the final pictures before I try to get some sleep. Last night Anni woke up crying, and ended up sleeping with me. Tonight will be very lonely indeed.
Anni's last bubble bath before leaving for the airport!


Last lunch out at Domo. Anni was intrigued watching our chef, and Evy was just hanging out!


Catching a few winks on the way to the airport!
Checking in with ALL THAT LUGGAGE!

Anni and her baby that would not fit in the luggage saying goodbye to Babu!

Our last view of our world travellers as they went through security and were gone.Steve and I were both tearing up, as was Roxi. Anni could hardly wait to get to the plane so she could eat her treats, and watch her movies, and read her books that were all packed in her very own roll on. Roxi laughed as Jason said, "last time we wheeled her, now she is wheeling her own loot." Evy will be wheeling her own when they come back too. Oh, how I love you all. God go with you, and return soon, because already you are sorely missed. My echoing footsteps in this big empty house are too much to take for long.

0 comments: